We serve all God’s people and transform the world with small deeds done with great love, one at a time.
What We Have Learned (Spring & Summer/Pentecost):
- Nick’s people like to help HELP: Summer food drive for Germantown HELP exceeded its goal by 20%.
- Amazing Grace adopted. The YouTube video on our Shady Grove Worship Outreach Ministry (prepared by Adrienne Cunninghame-Blank) was so persuasive that our Worship Team adopted the ministry, now called Amazing Grace. Watch the video and check out the ministry.
- El Hogar dinner fundraising progressing. A steady group of dedicated diners (and others) have helped us raise $1,100 of the $1,500 dollars needed for Jose Padilla’s tuition at El Hogar.
- Guess who’s coming to lunch. Lunch Bunch is doing well and is building community outside of St. Nicks.
What we are currently working on (Winter/Epiphany & Lent):
- Looking for a Lenten Outreach Giving Opportunity. We will coordinate with Christian Formation and other ministries to determine the most effective approach.
- Interfaith Opportunities. We will be looking for opportunities to do more interfaith outreach work in coordination with the Montgomery County Faith Community Advisory Council, including working with our Worship Ministry and Music Guild on the Interfaith Concert “Celebrating Harmony III.”
What is upcoming for the next quarter (Advent/Christmas):
- New Outreach Team Leader. We are happy to announce that Julia Stavridis has accepted Fr. Ken’s call to lead the Outreach Ministry Planning Team.
- Giant Card Thanksgiving Drive. As in the past, we will ask for Giant Food card donations to provide Thanksgiving for needy families in the area.
- Angel Tree Flies Again. We are planning a 2-part “Angel Tree” during Advent/Christmas: Angels to ask for gifts to Episcopal Relief Development, Doves for donations to Germantown HELP.
Opportunities for Engagement:
We are hoping the people of St. Nick’s and our surrounding community will get involved through:
- Join the Outreach Ministry Planning Team. Got a knack for planning, organizing, or communicating? Join us. Contact: Julia Stavridis.
- Join the “Bunch” at Lunch. Free on the 3rd Tuesday of the month? Come to lunch and bring a friend or neighbor. Also, Lunch Bunch needs a co-convener. Contact: Karen Kucik.
- Share Some Grace. Check out the new video about this exciting ministry. Contact: Rose Mahan.
- Help El Hogar (de Amor y Esperanza). If you’d like to help spread some Love (Amor) and Hope (Esperanza) to children in Honduras, join us for dinner on the 1st Monday of each month (20% goes to El Hogar) or simply make a donation. Contact: Andy Aviles.