To create and maintain worship experiences which uplift and empower the body of Christ, and to welcome and engage all people, especially the newcomer and the stranger, through the coordination of liturgical planning, server guilds, music, clergy, and use of our sacred spaces.
What We Have Learned (Spring & Summer/Pentecost):
- “Young and Old Together.” Continuing to experiment with ways to balance two core values – “All are welcome at St. Nick’s” and “Children are especially welcome at St. Nick’s – including enhancing resources and facilities for parents and kids, tweaking timing of Godly Play, anthems.
- Announcements (“can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em”). No perfect place in Episcopal liturgy, but post-communion least jarring. Announcements by vestry person saps visibility and passion. Trial: Allow max of 4 personal announcements per service (prior approval).
Opportunities for Engagement:
We are hoping the people of St. Nick’s and our surrounding community will get involved through:
- Joining a Worship Ministry Guild. Acolyte Guild, Altar Guild, Usher Guild, Lector Guild, Chalice Guild, St. Andrew’s Ministry Guild (welcome ministry), Amazing Grace Ministry Guild. No experience necessary – training provided – recognition given!
- Join our Amazing Grace Ministry Guild. Watch our new You-Tube video “Amazing Grace at Shady Grove” (by Adrienne Cunninghame-Blank) to learn more about our Worship Outreach at the Shady Grove Nursing Center). Contact: Rose Mahan.
- Join our new Saint Andrew’s Ministry Guild. Andrew was the apostle of welcome. Our newest guild is a ministry of welcome, shared with our Parish Life Ministry. Contact: Rev Beth